Morgan Allen started The Dime Diary to focus on affordable fashion for women on a budget. She says, "A lot of fashion blogs these days portray clothing and accessories that are not affordable to the average woman that is on a tighter budget, and I decided to show women that it is easy to find clothes that are budget friendly but still are trendy and fashionable."
She did a "Look For Less" segment on the show featuring these items:EXAMPLES:
1. Tapeet by Vicini Wedge on couture.zappos.com normally $322 ) - I have similar ones from Wet Seal for $32 (I will bring these as prop)
2. J Crew yellow bubble necklace normally $150 - I have a replica from Ebay purchased for $14.50 (I will bring these as prop)
3. Patricia Sweater from J Crew normally $144 - I have a similar one from Banana Republic for only $25
4. Rock Legend skull blouse from ModCloth normally $50 - I have replica from TJMaxx for $14.99
Tips for Buying for less:
1. Buy out of season. You can purchase finer quality clothing during the sales at the end of a season. Most stores are trying to clear the remaining items from the previous seasons stock so they will usually mark it down to at least 40% off.
2. When you do splurge, do so on staple pieces. Don't shell out the cash on a questionable fad. Neon, animal print, and printed jeans are some examples of items to save money on by buying replicas of high-end versions. You don't want to have spent $200 on shirt that will not want to wear again the following year.
3. Do research. If you are lusting after a piece that you feel you need to have but is outside your budget, start looking around at stores such as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross because a lot of times they will sell similar items, or if you are lucky the designers will sell the same overstock of popular items to lower budget stores to clear their inventory!
Go to www.thedimediary.com
for more tips!