presented by Leslie Smoot
from Real Foods Market
“If you ask me, the best holiday appetizers are light and fresh. The purpose of the appetizer is to wet your appetite and get your palate ready for a good savory meal. Here are a few recipes that are super simple to make and absolutely delicious.” -LeslieSweet Potato Croquetswww.realfoodsmarket.com
2 cups Yam or Sweet Potato
1 Egg from Redmond Heritage Farms
2 Tbs. Butter (softened)
3 Tbs. Maple Sugar
3Ž4 cup Almond Flour
1Ž4 tsp. RealSalt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1Ž4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 1Ž2 cups Pecans (chopped)
1Ž2 cup Maple Sugar
1. Bake the yam until soft, then peel and cool.
2. Mash well with the egg, butter, maple sugar, almond flour, and seasonings. Chill the dough overnight or at least 1 hour.
3. Mix the pecans and palm sugar together to form the crust.
4. Shape the yam mix into bite-sized balls and roll in the pecan crust mix.
5. Bake on a coconut oil greased pan at 350˚F for about 12 min. or until crisp.
*Serve with a yummy sauce of crème fresh (8 oz.) and maple syrup (1/8 cup).
We have many more recipes for delicious appetizers on our blog: www.realfoodsmarket.com