Space heater suspected to spark flames in Heber shed
Updated: 12/30/2012 12:43 pm | Published: 12/30/2012 12:30 pm
HEBER, Utah (ABC 4 News) A mother pig and her offspring escaped danger after an electric heater meant to keep them warm started a fire in their shed.
Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire in Heber Sunday morning. They arrived to find a shed behind a residence's garage in flames.
They were able to put out the fire, however complications arose when firefighters found the nearby waterlines frozen. It was 0 degrees out when the crews arrived.
The fire was out in time to save the house and garage, although the shed was completely destroyed. The pigs were found safe and unharmed. Investigators believe the fire came from the space heater in the shed.
Copyright 2012 abc4.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.