WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A West Jordan woman survived a fire at her house Sunday, but died Monday after suffering a heart attack. Her son calls the strange timing, "divine intervention."
71-year-old Frankie Foutz and her 15-year-old grandson were inside their home early Sunday when the fire started. A bottle of nail polish remover was spilled onto a smoldering cigarette starting the fire and completely gutting the house.
The day after the fire, Foutz's son Marc VanHuizen said his mom was in "very good spirits." Almost better than she had been for months, but late Monday night she was at a neighbor's house and got very sick. She was taken to the hospital and died in the ambulance.
VanHuizen said, "She was laughing joking with the people in the ambulance, but before she got to the hospital she suffered a massive heart attack."
VanHuizen said the series of events may seem strange, but the more he examines everything he believes this was more than an accident. He said this was his father calling his mother home.
VanHuizen told ABC4, "This is a day she has been waiting for, for a long time."
Foutz will be buried this weekend.