Pistachio Crusted Red Trout
Pomegranate-Fennel Salsa Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Pre-Heat Oven Too 425 Degrees
4 Ea 6 oz Trout Filets
as needed Buttermilk
as needed Olive Oil
For the Breading
1 C\up Pistachio nuts, Ground
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs ( Japanese style bread crumbs )
1 Tbsp Salt
½ Tbsp Pepper
For the Sauce
¼ Cup Shallots, Chopped
1 Oz Olive Oil
½ Cup Lemon Juice
1 Lb Butter, Unsalted- softened at room temperature
as needed Salt
For the Salsa
1 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
1 Cup Fennel, minced
1 Cup Rice wine vinegar
½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Honey
1 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Pepper
1. In a food processor, blend the nuts until it resembles coarse corn meal. Then add the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Set Aside
2. Place the trout filets in the buttermilk and then crust with breading on both sides.
3. For the Sauce, In a sauce pan heat the oil until almost smoking, add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute stirring constantly not letting get brown. Then add the lemon juice and reduce heat. Simmer the lemon juice until it is almost dry. Turn off the heat.
4. Then divide the butter into 6 equal portions. Using a wisk, slowly wisk in the softened butter one portion at a time. Try too keeping the sauce at the same temperature. Do not boil.
5. Season the mixture with salt, white pepper and cayenne to taste.
6. Strain the sauce thru a double mesh
7. For the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together and chill.
8. In a sauté pan, heat some oil until almost smoking, place the trout in the oil flesh side down, sear until brown, flip the fish and finish in the oven, about 3 – 4 minutes
9. Top with lemon sauce and pomegranate salsa. Serve with rice and fresh vegetables