Lo Jones, David’s Bridal Store Manager, was here showcasing 4 different trends we all saw at the Emmy's
Celebrities and trends to include:
1. Glamour and Elegance/ Jane Levy
2. High Slits/ Guilianna Rancic and Maria Menenous
3. Sparkle and Glitter/ Kerry Washington and Amy Poehler
4. Retro Style/ Zooey Deschanel
5. One Shoulder/ Kelly Osbourne and Hayden Panettiere
From David's Bridal:
The Emmy Awards is the top red carpet event of the year whenr primetime TV stars and celebrities are able to have gorgeous gowns at their disposal taken straight from the runway or designed especially for them. As a result, we saw beautiful looks at this years’ awards
· Some key trends that we saw at the Emmy awards included unexpected bold colors such as yellow and orange as well as shades of burgundy, lots of blue, plus some sparkle, white and gold.
· While many designer gowns cost a fortune, there are more accessible options that allow the average woman to have their own “red-carpet” moment. Here are a few of our favorites from Sunday night and alternative options to get the look for less: (Watch the clip to see these beautiful dresses from David's Bridal)
Trend #1 – Glamour and Elegance
Elegant and ultra-sophisticated, you can mirror Jane Levy’s Emmy look in this luxurious jersey dress! The 22-year-old Suburgatory star wore a royal Pamella Roland dress to the ceremony. The long jersey skirt on this dress adds dimension and creates an elongated silhouette. Jane chose a royal blue for this dress and David’s Bridal offers it is plum and black.
Trend #2 - High Slits
Get the look that Guilianna Rancic and Maria Menenous were donning at the Emmys! This super slimming charmeuse gown features a high slit that is both elegant and sexy. This David’s Bridal dress gown features a sweetheart neckline and side rouching that creates a slimming silhouette.
Trend #3 Sparkle and Glitter
This stunning sequin dress gives new meaning to the words drop-dead-gorgeous, stars like Kerry Washington and Amy Poehler both wore sparkle and glitter to this year’s show.
Amy wore a black beaded Stella McCartney dress with a plunging neckline while Kerry wore a gown by Vivienne Westwood . A tip for trying sparkle for the first time is to wear black or a neutral color.
Trend #4 - Retro Style
One of the most talked about gowns was Zooey Deschanel’s blue stunner! You too can achieve the princess look in this pastel strapless organza ball gown! The strapless bodice that features a ruched waist is flattering for any figure.
Trend #5: One Shoulder Detail
We love the one shoulder look Kelly Osbourne and Hayden Panettiere wore to the Emmys and you too can sparkle and shine in this long evening gown that features a stunning mesh one shoulder adorned with crystals!